This past weekend we went to IKEA so we could finally get started on our den before winter hits because we want to take advantage of the fireplace that’s down there. Well, we clearly should’ve listened to all the signs because the trip did not end the way we planned.
On our way to IKEA, I checked to make sure the sectional that we had been eyeing was indeed available. Good thing I checked because it wasn’t available at the IKEA we typically go to, so we decided we’d go to another IKEA. This IKEA was North of us in Maryland and I noticed on the map that there was a huge accident and there was pretty much stopped traffic on the interstate. I quickly pulled up my buddy Google Maps and found another route to go to get around the accident and have it spit us out on the other side of it. Doot doot doot, we’re chugging along and bam, of course, the road that we were going to take is completely blocked off by police due to…you guessed it, an accident. What was it with accidents this Saturday? So, we decided to turn around and just go to the IKEA we were originally going to go to so we could walk around and kind of plan out what we’d want in our den.
Long story, short…we ended up buying the sectional we wanted, just not the color we intended to get. We didn’t like it in person so we got this other color, which that worked out great…until they brought it out to us. Apparently we think our SUV is the greatest thing in the world because we totally thought all of it would fit in our car. Nope. We even unboxed everything and it still wouldn’t fit. I’m not even sure why we wasted the time to try because home delivery was only $59. The only good thing about that day was they agreed to home deliver it for us even though we had unboxed everything. We received everything yesterday and assembled it and now we have seating in our den! Next up is getting the tv mounted and figuring out shelving and curtains. Isn’t adult life so exciting? Haha
Have you ever had smoked salmon or burrata cheese? It’s like the best combination in the entire world and smoked salmon and burrata pizza is the next best combination in the entire world!
Burrata is this amazing, luscious, creamy cheese and it’s out of this world. You have to try it sometime (and basically fall in love with it). It’s all the new rage to put it on pizza or a sandwich. Pairing burrata and smoked salmon on a pizza is like a whole mouthful of flavor explosion. Jason and I didn’t want to stop eating this pizza! We were sad when it was all devoured but honestly, we were pretty elated that we ate the entire pizza between the two of us. Someone should really control us ;)
Smoked Salmon and Burrata Pizza
- 1 pizza dough recipe
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 ball of burrata cheese, broken into dollop-size pieces
- Handful of baby arugula
- Slivers of red onion
- Prepare pizza dough according to the instructions here. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured 9-inch pizza pan.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine garlic and olive oil in a small bowl and brush onto the dough with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the oil and garlic then sprinkle the smoked salmon flakes on top of the mozzarella.
- Break the burrata into dollop-sized pieces and place on top of the smoked salmon flakes, wherever you want. It won't cover the entire pizza.
- Sprinkle some slivers of red onion on top then bake for 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Top with a handful of arugula, slice, and serve.