And just like that, Thanksgiving is over and we’re moving right along into December. Can hardly believe 2015 is 31 days away!
Jason and I got back yesterday afternoon. The flight home was definitely less eventful (and way less stressful) than the one heading out. We headed down south on Wednesday and our flight was originally scheduled for 11:30am but since there was this snow storm rolling through, I called the airline on Tuesday and was able to switch our flight to the earliest (7am) flight. Totally sucked waking up at 3:45am but it was great that we made it out before all the delays and cancelations piled up. The flight, however, was bad. Since we were flying in the storm, the pilot said it was going to be a real bumpy one. You know it’s going to be one heck of a rough flight when the pilot (before even taking off) comes on the intercom to tell flight attendants to remain seated and not do service. Eventually, the turbulence kinda felt normal to me and was soothing (super strange, I know) but this was after I cried for 45 minutes and made Jason talk to me the entire time. We got out of the storm to blue skies five minutes before landing. I almost kissed the ground when we landed. I don’t know how I could’ve done that flight had it been an international one. I probably would be that girl who had the pilot turn the plane around due to a passenger disturbance, haha!
Who doesn’t need pizza after feasting on turkey? You’re probably already sick of leftovers by now anyway so pizza is the perfect option to give you a break from all that turkey. Am I right? Pizza is good for any time though, honestly.
When it comes to pizza, I’m a meat lover through and through. I have to have some sort of meat on the pizza and honestly, the more the better. My favorite pizza topping is sausage and pepperoni so I combined my two favorites in this spicy sausage and pepperoni pizza :) it uses the pizza dough blend recipe that I posted a while back. You can also use store-bought pizza dough if you want but I highly recommend making dough at home – it’s easy and the recipe I have makes two batches and easily frozen!
- 1 recipe for pizza dough blend
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups freshly grated whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 pound spicy Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled into smaller bits with a wooden spoon
- Pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly flour a 13-inch pizza pan.
- Using your hands, gently stretch the dough in the pizza pan. Start layering your toppings, leaving a 1-inch border from the edge: marinara sauce, mozzarella, spicy sausage, and pepperoni.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the crust has browned around the edges.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
There is an affiliate link within this post.