This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Oh my gosh, you guys. The amount of mint I had last month was insane. I felt like I couldn’t keep up with all the mint plant was producing. In case you couldn’t tell that I was up to my eyeballs in mint…I have yet another recipe that I incorporated mint into.
Table of Contents
I wanted to make mint simple syrup as a way to get rid of it all easily but I also wouldn’t use it often because I don’t typically put sugar in my lattes. So this strawberry mint crisp was born! I swear mint goes so well with any summer fruit. Makes sense, I guess. Mint reminds me of summertime so a summer herb of course would go well with summer fruit. It’s like summer on summer!
My favorite part of anything is usually the top or topping. I love muffin tops, crumbles, crisp toppings — all the tops! So naturally, my favorite part of this strawberry mint crisp was the crisp topping. It has a slight coconut flavor to it from the coconut oil but it paired so perfectly with the coconut chocolate chip gelato that we put on top of the strawberry mint crisp!
Oh, and I know someone is going to mention the pool of liquid in the photos. I didn’t let this set up very much prior to shooting this. I literally pulled it out of the oven and plated them. Don’t make the same mistake!
I was running out of light for the day (shocking because it’s summer) so I had to hurry and get this shot! So excuse the entire strawberry puddle. It won’t be like that for yours — I promise!
Strawberry season is over so hold on to it a little longer with this strawberry mint crisp!
And don’t forget that ice cream scoop on top!
Strawberry Mint Crisp
- 4 cups (576 g) sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ¼ cup (28 g) almond meal
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
For the crisp topping
- 2 cups (162 g) old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (109 g) chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup (79 ml) melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (113 g) honey
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (191 °C) and lightly grease a 9-inch circular baking dish or a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, agave, almond meal, cornstarch, and mint leaves. Pour into the prepared baking dish in an even layer.
- In another bowl, mix together the oats, pecans, coconut oil, honey, and almond meal. Pour over top of the strawberries and using a spatula, spread into an even, smooth layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top of the crisp is golden brown and the filling is bubbling and thickened.
- Let sit for 20 minutes then serve with a scoop of ice cream on top!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.