To beat the heat, treat yourself to a refreshingly boozy Watermelon Mint Margarita! Made with real juicy watermelon, fresh mint leaves and tequila, these blended cocktails are a real summertime staple.
A classic margarita on the rocks is great, but a blended watermelon mint margarita is even better! Each sip of this margarita is filled with fresh, juicy watermelon and cooling minty flavors that perfectly balance with the strong tequila. And when you enjoy all of those bold flavors with a sea salt rim, this cocktail quickly becomes unforgettably good.
At hot pool parties or warm summer night block parties, this margarita is always a massive hit. It’s a unique take on a margarita that not many people have tried, so it’s always fun to see their reactions after that first sip!
You know a drink is good if the first sip is quickly followed by a second even quicker sip, which is always the effect this refreshing margarita has on people who try it!
This drink is perfect for those who love sweetness in their cocktails, but not so much that it’s overwhelming. Have you ever had a drink that tasted like 99% sugar and 1% alcohol? Those are the worst!
That’s why I love this watermelon mint margarita so much, because the sweetness is just the right amount to pair perfectly with the bold mint and tequila flavors without being too much.
What is in a watermelon mint margarita?
- Watermelon – Make sure you buy a seedless watermelon! No one wants black seeds floating around their drink.
- Sugar – All you’ll need is a little plain white granulated sugar to help amplify the natural sweetness of the melon.
- Lime juice – Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the most potent flavor.
- Mint leaves – Reserve some to be used as garnish!
- Tequila – Keep in mind that your cocktail is only ever as good as your liquor is. Buy a tequila you trust!
- Salt – For rimming! You can use sea salt or margarita salt.
Can I use another type of liquor?
Traditionally, margaritas are made with tequila.
However, you could easily swap out the tequila for rum if that better floats your boat! In that case, you’ll technically be enjoying a strawberry mint daiquiri, not a margarita. But it’ll still be tasty!
Can I make watermelon mint margaritas frozen?
Oh, you most definitely can! Just blend all of the ingredients with some ice to get a lovely frozen concoction.
If you go the frozen route, I also recommend freezing the watermelon as well for a great slushy consistency!
It’s hot outside, so sip on something refreshing and boozy to keep cool!
Watermelon Mint Margarita
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon, roughly ½ of a medium watermelon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup tequila of choice
- Sea salt or margarita salt, to coat the rim of the serving glasses
- Cube up about 6 cups of fresh seedless watermelon and place in a blender.
- Add the sugar, fresh lime juice, mint leaves and tequila. Blend the contents of the blender until smooth.
- Salt the rims of the four glasses. Gently fill each glass with prepared ice cubed or crushed ice.
- Pour the margarita mixture over the ice cubes to fill each glass.
- Garnish with a wheel of lime and a few fresh mint leaves.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.