Corn and Avocado Salsa
You guys. All I’ve done the month of July and August is eat corn. I won’t be surprised if I turn into an ear of corn soon. Jason and I have been going to the grocery store every week and bringing home ears and ears of corn. I also have pulled out frozen corn kernels from the freezer to supplement on days we can’t run to the store for fresh corn. It’s such an easy side dish to go with summertime grilling menus and honestly, just any dinner meal that you want a little taste of summer’s sweetness.
I mean…doesn’t this just scream summertime?! *cries* I don’t want summer to end. I’m holding on to summer by eating my weight in corn and avocado salsa! Yes, yes, yes!
Corn and avocado salsa paired with refreshing Cayman Jack Margarita is the perfect combination for your next summer getaway!
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed or fresh
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Place all the ingredients in a large glass bowl and toss together.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve chilled with your favorite chips and margarita.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cayman Jack. The opinions and text are all mine.
Posted on August 14, 2015