Enchilada Pasta Casserole
Let’s talk about this picture for a second. Is it tripping you out like it’s tripping me out? Do you see that green piece of parsley just chilling out in the bottom middle of your screen hanging on that pasta? Doesn’t it look like it’s totally superimposed in there and as if I just photoshopped it in? I swear I didn’t. It’s just the way it’s sitting. And I totally thought something was wrong with my screen and I kept scratching at my screen being like ‘GET OFF.’ Haha, I’m going crazy. But do you see what I see?!
Okay, enough of my craziness, let’s talk about this pasta. So good. It’s like a deconstructed enchilada in a casserole. I love Mexican food and could eat it every day so having a bunch of leftovers was pure delight in our case. I believe we had two days of leftovers too. So yeah, if you’re looking for a large meal and leftovers, this is it my friends!
Last night I went to Target and bought 3 pairs of colored skinny jeans. I probably won’t be able to fit in said skinny jeans after I eat 4 more bowls of this pasta and after my Seattle/PDX trip – oops. Okay so. Target. Let’s talk about how they have WHACK sizes. Like, I’m usually a size 4/5, 26/27, depending on how the sizing chart works and at Target I had to buy a size 11. I don’t get how it can differentiate so much. I mean, unless they’re designing a size 4 to be on a toddler’s body, then okay, but they clearly weren’t. Maybe they should get their sizing chart revamped. Just sayin’.
You’ll probably need to revamp your sizing chart after making this pasta. JUST KIDDING. Or am I? I don’t know, you tell me after you make this ;)
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce (I used the red sauce)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, in a very large skillet, brown your ground beef then drain the fat. Then add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cream cheese until melted and combined.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, enchilada sauce, half the cheddar cheese, half the monterey jack cheese, corn kernels, and diced green chiles. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over the beef and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, drain your pasta. After you’ve drained it, add the pasta to the beef mixture. Make sure everything is coated in the sauce.
- In a large casserole dish, pour in the pasta mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
- Serve hot. Keep in airtight container for up to 1 week.