Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Oreo cheesecake cookies with hidden mini chocolate chips and encrusted with Oreo cookie crumbs
I’ve been on some kind of weird shoe kick lately. I mean, they say a girl can’t have too many pairs of shoes, but I shouldn’t really fall into that category because the only pairs of shoes you can see on me on a regular basis are my black $5 Old Navy flip flops. Yeah, I’m not so much of a “dressy” professional. I work for the government, we dress mediocre. Some people come into the office in Batman pajama pants. NO JOKE. If you want to see hilarity when it comes to “casual Friday’s,” you should come visit me at work. Never ceases to amaze me what goes through people’s minds when Friday rolls around and they decide to show up in pajamas or JORTS. I wish I could make this up.
I’m like a shoe fiend lately because do you know how hard it is to find the perfect purple shoe? I’m trying to find “the one” for my wedding day (I shouldn’t kid myself, I really will probably only have them on for 0.02 seconds and then throw white flip flops on so why am I even bothering with this hunt? I think it’s a fun challenge). In the midst of “finding the one,” I just so happened to have stumbled across many other shoes that are totally not for the occasion but are more for the “omg these are SOOO cute” occasion.
Long story, short: I bought 3 pairs of platform wedges at Target this past weekend. I bought one pair in the store and proceeded to run home and get online to see what other colors they had online and ordered 2 more. Oh, and you know what? Apparently they said they shipped it out on Sunday but I checked tracking today and UPS says they haven’t even received the package from them and only a label has been created.
I’m a tad bit worried because those wedges are SEXY. And my feetsies want them, now! I hope they aren’t lost (I like how I’m totally jumping to conclusions right now – what did we say about anxiety last week? ha).
Oh, and I still have not found “the shoes” for my wedding. Hilarious. Bought 3 pairs of shoes that deem useless for my big day. Oh well :) I have cute shoes to wear to work now, right?
Ok, so these cookies. It’s no secret that I love Oreo’s in virtually any dessert. I’m happily addicted to cookies & creme milkshakes (recipe coming soon), I love Oreo cheesecake bars, I love cookies & creme rice krispies, and now, I’m in love with Oreo cheesecake COOKIES. There’s a subtle hint of cheesecake after the first few bites but then you’re hit with the Oreo’s and the mini chocolate chips hidden in the batter. Oh my, this cookie is a definite winner and I LOVE how it’s encrusted in Oreo cookie crumbs.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed Oreo’s (it took about roughly 10 Oreo cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, crush the Oreo cookies until they’re fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth and well combined.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
- Gently mix in the flour and stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, scoop the dough and put it in your hands to roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the Oreo crumbs and cover the dough well.
- Place on cookie sheet and repeat until all the dough has been used up.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (I had to bake mine for longer because my balls were a lot bigger so it took 20 minutes to bake).
- Remove from oven when you see that the edges are getting browned. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.