Sugar, spice, and everything nice – that’s what you need to make these delectable Apple Blondies! In just under an hour, you can have these apple delights on your kitchen table!
Do you remember those caramel apple lollipops you used to love as a kid?
These blondies remind me so much of those, mainly because of the balance between tart green apples and sweet sugary ingredients! If apples are one of your favorite ingredients to play around with during Fall, you’re going to positively LOVE this easy recipe.
Besides having the best balance of tart and sweet Fall flavors, these blondies are also perfection because of just how great they are once baked.
The inside of them is moist and soft, while the outside has a delightful light crunch that makes every bite a dream come true.
This recipe is fairly easy to make as it calls for things you likely already have in your kitchen. These are great to make after you’ve gone apple picking too!
If you’re planning a Halloween party, Thanksgiving dinner, or any other Fall festivity, these are the blondies to make! You can double the ingredients to make more for a crowd or keep it simple for you and the fam.
After all, eating these blondies while watching Hocus Pocus is always a good idea.
Ingredients for apple blondies
- Butter – It needs to be unsalted and at room temperature.
- White sugar
- Light brown sugar – Make sure it’s packed in the measuring cup!
- Egg – It can be at room temp or cold.
- Flour – All-purpose will do the trick.
- Apple pie spice – Make your own apple pie spice for the best results.
- Baking powder – This will help the blondies rise and not be too dense.
- Baking soda – This helps the baking powder make sure the consistency is perfect!
- Cinnamon – You can add a touch more cinnamon if you really like that warm, earthy flavor.
- Salt – Just a pinch.
- Apples – To balance out the sweetness, you should use peeled and diced granny smith apples!
What’s the difference between a blondie and a brownie?
The main difference is the a blondie is made with a vanilla base while a brownie is made with a chocolate base.
Flavor-wise blondies have notes of caramel and butterscotch and brownies well…are in the chocolate family and taste like chocolate!
Can apple blondies go in the freezer?
They sure can! After they cool to room temperature, wrap each individual slice in plastic wrap (do so very tightly), then toss them in a durable zip-top bag. They’ll stay fresh for about 3 months in the freezer. To enjoy, simply let the blondies thaw at room temperature for about an hour.
How long will apple blondies stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these apple blondies will stay deliciously fresh for up to 5 days.
They say blondes have more fun, right?
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup peeled and diced granny smith apples
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, white and brown sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy then add the egg and whisk again to combine.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the flour, apple pie seasoning, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together then add it to the wet ingredients.
- Stir it together then add the apples and stir once again to combine.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan then bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until light and golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.