This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
This Raspberry Olive Oil Cake is wonderfully dense, moist, and rich with fresh raspberry flavor. Impress everyone at your next summer gathering with this simple, yet striking raspberry cake! It’s the perfect elegant dessert for any ladies brunch or Mother’s Day!
I know that olive oil might sound like an odd key ingredient to a sweet, summery cake, but the moist texture that it creates and the way it compliments the raspberry flavor is beyond amazing. Bye bye butter, hello olive oil!
And don’t worry, the cake itself won’t taste like rich olive oil. The fresh raspberries are pretty powerful, especially when their tangy sweetness is heightened by the sugar. The olive oil works mostly to create the incredible texture, but a very light note of it can be tasted in flavor as well – and it’s delightful!
This cake is also perfect for pretty much all occasions. I mean, I personally think every cake is perfect for all occasions… but I digress.
This raspberry olive oil can can be the centerpiece of a birthday party or paired with a cup of earl grey at a tea party. Either way, you’re going to love this deliciously dense berry-filled cake. As Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood would say — it’s a showstopper!
The cake batter calls for:
- Flour – Plain all-purpose white flour will do the trick.
- Baking powder – Without this ingredient, the cake would be way too dense. The baking powder helps to add just the right amount of fluffiness.
- Sugar – White granulated sugar works best for this recipe.
- Eggs – They can be room temperature or cold.
- Olive oil – One of the key ingredients! If you don’t want to taste any of the olive oil, use a light olive oil, and if you want to taste a hint of it, use dark extra virgin olive oil.
- Greek yogurt – The greek yogurt combined with the olive oil makes this cake SO thick and delicious.
- Lemon – The zest from one lemon is all you need to compliment the sweet raspberries with a hint of sour flavor.
- Raspberries – Use fresh, NOT frozen raspberries for the most delicious results.
The topping only needs:
- Whipped cream – You could make your own or save time by grabbing some at the store.
- Raspberries – Of course this cake wouldn’t be complete without even more raspberries on top!
How long will raspberry olive oil cake stay fresh?
In an airtight container, this raspberry olive oil cake by itself will stay fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature. However, if you keep it at room temperature, don’t put any whipped cream or berries on top – they won’t keep.
If you want to keep your toppings fresh, keep the cake in the fridge! In the same airtight container but in the fridge, the cake (and fresh toppings) will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
What else can I add to the cake batter?
I love this cake just the way it is, because of how beautifully simple it is! However, if you want to add any more tasty ingredients to shake things up, here are some delicious ones:
- Almond extract
- Fresh rosemary (will also work as a topping)
Let them eat cake!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake
Raspberry Olive Oil Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
For the topping:
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease a 11-inch cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, olive oil and greek yogurt until everything is well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients mixing until everything is just combined.
- Add the lemon zest and raspberries and with the help of a spatula fold them into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and take to the oven, bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Let it cool down completely before decorating.
- Once the cake is no longer hot spread the whipped cream on top. Finish topping with the fresh raspberries and serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Thursday 26th of May 2022
This cake was absolutely delicious! I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a 9x5 pan for about 50 minutes. This recipe has been on my list for a long time and it was so easy, I will definitely be making it again soon!
Thank you for sharing!
Monday 2nd of May 2022
Can I use cake flour?
Friday 6th of May 2022
i have not tested with cake flour, i'm sorry