Today we’re celebrating someone very special. We’re celebrating Christina of Dessert for Two‘s upcoming wedding!! Surprise girl :)
I remember first “meeting” Christina. She found me on IG and her comment to me was, “I write a blog that’s called Dessert for Two. We should be friends.” and the rest was history. Seriously, y’all, if you don’t know Christina by now, you should know that she has one of the biggest hearts ever. She’s got so much love and she’s fierce. I love the country girl in her. She isn’t afraid to get dirty and has a killer talented blog. She’s marrying the man of her dreams soon and I only wish her the best. I hope you have years and years of happiness, bliss, and joy. I’m so lucky to call you a friend!
I felt that these white wedding cupcakes were very appropriate for this bridal shower ;) These cupcakes are so simple (really, you’ll be surprised what it took to make these) and they’re SUPER moist. It’s so easy to alter the buttercream, too, if you want to make it a color. I almost tried to do coral because it’s one of Christina’s wedding colors but I decided to keep it simple and elegant with the pearls.
Be sure to check out all the ladies who participated in Christina’s virtual bridal shower! Everyone brought such delicious goodies!!
- Strawberry Macarons from Krissy of Krissy’s Creations
- Mini “I Do”-nuts from Tara of Chip Chip Hooray
- Moon Pie Cake from Madison of Espresso and Cream
- Whiskey Walnut Blondies from Jenna of Eat, Live, Run
- Brown Butter Snickerdoodles from Joanne of Eats Well With Others
- Lemon Cupcakes with Sweet Tea Frosting from Kristan of Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- Chocolate Covered Cheerios from Shelly of Cookies and Cups
- Mini Coconut Cream Pies from Megan of Country Cleaver
- Sweet and Salty Party Cookies from Lauren of Keep It Sweet Desserts
White Wedding Cake Cupcakes
Yield: 3 dozen | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 16.25 ounce box white cake mix
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cup water
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract (depending on what flavor you’re going for)
1 cup sour cream
4 large egg whites
For the buttercream:
6 cups powdered sugar
2 cups butter, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt. Attach the paddle attachment then add the rest of the ingredients and beat together until well incorporated.
- Scoop batter using a large ice cream scoop and place in lined muffin tin. If you use a large ice cream scoop, you’ll only need 1 scoop of the batter in each cavity.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle of cupcake comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes cool, make the butter cream. Start by creaming the butter and powdered sugar together. Do this carefully so it doesn’t go everywhere. Slowly add the vanilla extract. Add the buttercream to a large piping bag fitted with your choice of piping tip.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, pipe buttercream on top and immediately sprinkle candied pearls (or whatever decoration) on top.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Source: from Recipe Girl
This post contains affiliate links.