Grilled Corn Fritters
I’ve been waiting for tomorrow to come for several months and tomorrow it’s finally here. Confused? I don’t blame you. I’m talking about Divergent, y’all! Did you just roll your eyes? You know how obsessed I am over Divergent and it’s FINALLY being released on DVD tomorrow. I jumped on that pre-order janx back in March and I can’t believe it’s already been five months. I will be one disappointed girl if my preordered copy doesn’t deliver tomorrow. They said it was a guarantee but according to FedEx tracking, I’m not getting it until Wednesday. I know, it’s a tragedy. Oh well, I guess I have no control over that, as long as I get this week, I’ll be fine. Did I mention I was having a Divergent viewing party with some girlfriends on Saturday evening? Yes, wine and Theo James is a splendid combo. Oh wait, what? Oh right, right…it’s wine and Divergent. Ha, silly me..what was I thinking? ;)
Let’s take a moment and admire these grilled corn fritters. I don’t know about you but I consume so much sweet corn in the summer time that I could probably be a stalk of corn. Just last week Jason and I went to the store and bought eight ears of corn and we each devoured two that evening and the evening after. They’re just so cheap (4 for $1 at our store) and so easy to make. Oh, wanna hear a funny story about my first corn cooking experience? Of course you do.
Last year, when Jason and I decided to have corn one evening, I was like “oh man, but this is going to take forever to cook, we should’ve started earlier.” He was like, “huh, what? It only takes like 3 minutes to cook corn” and I was like “um no, it takes like 40 minutes.” He looked at me like I just said I wanted a divorce or something. Yeah, so I learned then that my parents had been cooking corn completely wrong my entire life and I inherited that. My parents have since changed from 40 minutes to 3 minutes for corn cooking – don’t you worry! Now please go make these grilled corn fritters because they’re like one of the most epic ways to eat grilled corn in the summertime and they’re so easy!!
- ⅓ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups grilled corn (or if you don't want to grill yours, you can use regular corn kernels)
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add milk and mix together with a wooden spoon until thick and thoroughly mixed through. Add the grilled corn and mix well with the flour mixture until all the kernels are well-coated.
- Heat up a skillet over medium high heat and add some vegetable oil to the pan.
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, scoop corn mixture out and place into the skillet, gently pressing the mound down so it's flattened. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, or until it's browned, flip, and cook another 5 minutes, or until it's browned. Remove and repeat for all the other corn fritters.
- Serve immediately.
This post contains an affiliate link.