I’m sure we all know by now my affinity for all things pesto.
And just when you thought I had enough pesto recipes, I throw just another one at you.
This time, it only takes 15 minutes to make!
Yes, super super easy and so filling!
Don’t you love quick dinner ideas? This 15-minute spinach pesto quinoa bowl brought to you by…me! ‘Cause one evening I decided I didn’t want to cook an elaborate dinner cause I just wasn’t having it, then further, I decided I’d just throw everything in a pot and voila! Here you go.
Let’s break this down; why is this such a great recipe?
Quinoa cooks incredibly fast;
Spinach wilts down and cooks incredibly fast;
And well, if you already have pesto on hand, you just gotta throw it in, mix everything around, shave some beautiful parm on top and seriously – quick dinner in 15 minutes.
I got you ;)
Can you make your own pesto?
In fact, I have a few recipes for homemade pesto if you are interested.
They all would work in this recipe:
If you wanted to make traditional basil pesto, use the arugula pesto recipe and sub out the arugula and sub in basil!
What type of quinoa should I use?
You can use a mix of regular white quinoa and red quinoa or whatever quinoa you want.
Can I make this with rice if I don’t like quinoa?
Farro and other grains would be a good option to sub in here too.
Other quinoa recipes you may enjoy:
- Garlic butter shrimp and quinoa
- Easy chicken shawarma quinoa bowls
- Roasted vegetable and chicken quinoa bowls
- Stovetop turkey quinoa chili
You'll have dinner on the table in no time with this 15-minute spinach pesto quinoa bowl!
- 2 cups multi-colored quinoa, uncooked
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- Cook quinoa according to the instructions on the box or bag. (Instead of water, I used chicken stock for more flavor but if you want to keep this a vegetarian dish, go with water or vegetable stock.)
- Once quinoa is done cooking, turn heat to medium then add spinach, pesto, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and heat until spinach has wilted, pesto is evenly distributed, and Parmesan cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.