Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies a sweet treat to share with your co-workers, friends and family.
Ok, don’t hate me, but as you’re reading this sentence (well, depending on what time you’re reading this), I’m likely in a car driving down to Miami.
Yes, finally, I’m on vacation. This has been so long awaited. We got into West Palm Beach last night. Took a flight right after work. You should’ve seen me checking the clock at work.
Jason and I are visiting my aunt who lives here. She has been begging us to come down since J and I started dating and we never had the chance due to lack of vacation days or prior commitments. At the beginning of this year, we made it a point to set aside a few days of vacation so we could come down to visit my aunt & spend quality time with her since she’s by herself. The best part of it all? We had free plane tickets with our miles and my aunt’s friend owns a beachfront condo in Miami and is letting J & I stay in it for 2 days.
Uh, bad ass. I also will be eating an exorbitant amount of food and taking pictures of it all, I hope. So, hopefully I’ll have a West Palm Beach/Miami picture post to put up when I get back :)
Okay, so appropriately enough that I’m in Florida, I made cookies. 2 dozen cookies + Julie + bikini = rut roh. Yeah, not good. BUT c’est la vie! These cookies were amazing.
Do you guys know Maria, the cookie queen? Of course, y’all do! Well, recently she put out an e-book, Cookie Cravings, which you can order here, and there are so many delicious creations in there. A lot of familiar food bloggers make an appearance too with their recipes! Anyway, I came across her blueberry almond cookies and I just knew I had to make them. I didn’t have blueberries nor almond paste so I slightly adapted the recipe and it still turned out marvelous :)
The almond flavor isn’t overpowering but it’s there and you can taste it and the white chocolate chips with that almond flavor is just such a great combination. I hope you’ll enjoy these as much as J & I did and so did our coworkers!
Almond white chocolate chip cookies for friends, family, and coworkers!
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in white chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets with a medium sized cookie scoop, placing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the outside.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod's Cookie Cravings, page 22