Cozy up with a fresh batch of these warm, spiced, homemade Apple Cider Cupcakes! Apple cider cupcakes are topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
Lately, I’ve not been able to get enough apple recipes! I don’t think I’m alone in that, either considering it’s apple season!
While I’ve definitely treated myself to some pumpkin treats and lattes as well, spiced apples seem to be making this season their own all over the place, and I’m certainly not complaining.
So, I though I’d lean into this apple trend even more with what might just be my most favorite Fall-inspired cupcake recipe of all time. These cupcakes are made with ingredients like apple cider, brown sugar and cinnamon, then topped with the most creamy cinnamon cream cheese frosting that you’ll dreaming about afterwards!
Of course, the salted caramel drizzle on top is entirely optional… But highly recommended.
If you love Fall recipes, these apple cider cupcakes are right up your alley.
Honestly, they’re kind of like the entire Fall season wrapped up in a cupcake wrapper! They’ve got the warm spices and fresh apple flavors that will make you smile and think of falling leaves, Halloween costumes, black cats, all that jazz!
Ingredients for apple cider cupcakes
The cupcakes themselves call for:
- Sugar – You’ll need white and brown sugars.
- Salt – Just a pinch.
- Oil – Vegetable oil is preferred, but melted butter works too.
- Vanilla – To help add both sweetness and depth.
- Eggs – Free-range organic always yields good results.
- Baking powder – To help create a fluffy consistency.
- Cinnamon – Is any Fall recipe complete without it?
- Flour – All-purpose is what you’ll need.
- Apple cider – The star of the show!
For the frosting, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese – It needs to be softened.
- Butter – Unsalted and softened.
- Powdered sugar – This will help create both the consistency and the sweet flavor.
- Salted caramel – Make your own salted caramel sauce for a real treat!
Can I use homemade apple cider?
You most certainly can! Whether it’s store-bought or homemade apple cider, your cupcakes will be delicious. If you go with store-bought, just make sure to buy a brand you like, that way you know you’ll like the final product.
How long will apple cider cupcakes stay fresh?
In an airtight container, these cupcakes will stay fresh for about 24 hours. For best results, keep them in the refrigerator to help them maintain their shape before serving.
Frost it and love it – here are more cupcake recipes to sink your teeth into!
Apple Cider Cupcakes
For the cupcake:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup apple cider
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon, flour and apple cider and mix to combine.
- Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Pour the batter into the tin, filling each cup up about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese frosting. Beat the softened cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla and ground cinnamon and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating at low speed until well incorporated. Increase speed to high until smooth. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down, add your frosting to a piping bag and pipe it on the cupcakes. Drizzle the caramel sauce on top and enjoy!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.