This simple Blueberry Dump Cake only calls for 5 ingredients and takes about an hour from start to finish! If you’re looking for a way to really dress up a box of white cake mix, look no further.
Blueberries are one of my favorite berries to bake with and I especially love them when they’re in season! There’s just something so unbeatable about the natural sweetness of blueberries that pairs so well with baked goods.
I find that in the summer, when blueberries are at their freshest, they’re more delicious than ever. I mean, are you even celebrating the summertime if you don’t enjoy a blueberry dessert once in a while?
If you want a sweet, summery blueberry dessert that’s no-frills and hassle-free, then congratulations! You have stumbled upon the perfect recipe for blueberry dump cake. This cake mix recipe is almost too easy to believe, but believe me when I say that it’s downright delicious. No one I’ve served this blueberry dump cake to believes me when I say it’s a cake mix recipe that requires little effort – that’s how good it is!
Dump cakes of all kind are delicious, but this one with blueberries might be my favorite. I love serving a warm bowl full of this sweet blueberry dump cake with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream. It’s what summer’s for, right?!
Each bite of this dump cake is rich with fresh blueberry flavor, delicious cake mix and buttery goodness. You’ll be hard pressed to find an easier and more delicious blueberry dessert than this one.
- Blueberries – Use fresh, not frozen blueberries! Frozen blueberries will not hold their shape when baking and won’t have the same strong blueberry flavor.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter for best results.
- Sugar – All you need here is white granulated sugar, nothing fancy!
- Vanilla extract – A tbsp of vanilla extract will help sweeten things even more without making the dump cake overly sweet.
- White cake mix – One box is all that’s called for, and really and brand should be just fine.
Do I need to mix any of the ingredients?
The cardinal rule of any dump cake recipe is to NOT MIX IT! If you mix the ingredients of any dump cake recipe, it won’t bake quite right and you won’t get the consistency you’re looking for at all.
Just follow my simple instructions and resist the urge to mix at all costs! Just dump!
Can I use wild blueberries?
You can. You will just have to use slightly more since regular blueberries are bigger. I would personally increase to 4 cups if using wild blueberries.
How long will homemade blueberry dump cake stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, this blueberry dump cake will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
Keep in mind that it’s meant to be served warm, so be sure to reheat the cold leftovers for about 30 seconds in the microwave before you dig in! And if you’re like me, you’ll want to toss a scoop of ice cream in that warm bowl before digging in.
Have any more blueberries on hand?
Blueberry Dump Cake
- 3 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 15.25 ounce box white cake mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the blueberries, ⅓ cup of the butter, sugar and vanilla to an 8×8" baking pan and stir to combine.
- Pour the cake mix on top then spread it out.
- Pour the remaining butter on top of the cake mix and gently spread it around evenly.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until light and golden on top.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.