Every Fall, I usually put together a little DIY spice blend to use for the season. I’ve done pumpkin pie spice and apple pie spice. They last forever and are so much easier to make at home than to buy — not to mention far cheaper. Additionally, you likely already have all the spices in your pantry!
For years, I thought chai was a proprietary blend for teas and that you can only get the chai flavor if you buy chai tea and steep it to use in recipes. That’s why I was sad I couldn’t make my own dirty chai lattes at home. Well, I’ve clearly wised up and figured out that the chai spice blend is actually able to be concocted from spices that are already in my pantry!
You will find so many ways to use this DIY chai spice blend. In fact, I’ve already used it in two recipes that I’ll be sharing on the blog soon! One of which is a decadently rich brownie that you won’t want to miss!
DIY Chai Spice Blend
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whisk spices together in a small bowl then put in an airtight container and use throughout the season. You should store spices no longer than one year.