This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This flavor packed Greek Chicken Pasta Salad is loaded with plenty of grilled chicken, fresh veggies, and a homemade dressing that’s guaranteed to make your mouth water. Bring it to any picnic, potluck, or summertime gathering and watch it disappear!
It’s impossible to say what my favorite part of this pasta salad is. Between the fresh veggies, flavorful olives, grilled chicken, and homemade Greek salad dressing, there’s just too much to love about this easy recipe. Next time you’re headed to a summertime get together, skip the store bought pasta salad and treat your friends to Greek Chicken Pasta Salad instead!
When eating Greek food (and we have so many great options around where I live), I like to close my eyes and imagine the white buildings and bright blue ocean. With how hot it’s been outside lately, it’s not too hard to picture myself by the sea when I toss together this pasta salad! Loaded with fresh veggies, it’s the most delicious way to beat the heat.
When it’s this sunny outside, I like to make dishes like this that are equal parts refreshing and filling. This recipe is not quite heavy enough to be a comfort meal, but it’s still definitely hearty enough to hit the spot and keep you full. This easy to make pasta salad can work as an entree, side dish, or staple at a picnic. No matter where you serve it, it’ll be a huge hit and super refreshing too!
What You’ll Need:
For the pasta salad:
- Chicken – Use chicken breasts, not thighs (I know, I usually tell you to use thighs). Trim the fat off as needed.
- Avocado Oil – Olive oil can be used instead if preferred.
- Farfalle Pasta – Cook it according to package directions.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Grape tomatoes can be used instead.
- Cucumber – For the best bite, slice or dice the cucumber into small/thin pieces.
- Red Onion – Don’t substitute bold red onions with any other color for this recipe.
- Pepperoncini – In a pinch, you can use banana peppers, but they’re really not the same thing in my eyes!
- Feta Cheese – Would any Greek recipe be complete without feta? I think not.
For the dressing:
- Olive Oil – Try to use a good quality bottle for the best flavor.
- Red Wine Vinegar – Don’t substitute this vinegar with any other kind.
- Lemon Juice – Use freshly squeezed lemon juice, not bottled!
- Dijon Mustard – This can not be replaced by plain yellow mustard.
- Oregano – Use dried, not fresh oregano.
- Salt and Pepper – Kosher (coarse) salt and freshly cracked black pepper are always the way to go!
How to Make Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
For more detailed instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Grill the chicken. Brush the chicken with avocado oil and add salt and pepper. Grill it for about 10 minutes per side. Remove it from the grill once it’s fully cooked and let it sit for a few minutes before chopping.
Cook the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain it and let it cool.
Make the dressing. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing.
Toss. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and toss together to combine.
Do I need to chill this Greek Chicken Pasta Salad? Personally, I like to chill my pasta salad in the fridge for about an hour prior to serving. This step is optional, but recommended.
Can I use another type of pasta? As long as you use short noodles with some shape to it, you can really opt for whatever pasta you want. Macaroni, shells, or whatever else your heart desires!
Be the star of the picnic with more of my favorite pasta salad recipes!
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- 2 – 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, (3 if smaller)
- Avocado oil, salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces (454 g) dry farfalle pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pint (473 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (133 g) diced or thinly sliced cucumber
- ½ of a red onion, diced
- ¼ cup (31 g) thinly sliced pepperoncini
- ⅓ cup (45 g) kalamata olives, halved
- ¾ cup (113 g) crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- ½ cup (118 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (59 ml) red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Brush chicken with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium (or use a grill pan) and grill for about 10 minutes on each side, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F (74 °C). Remove from grill and set aside to cool before chopping into large pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Drain and let cool.
- Whisk together all ingredients for dressing until emulsified. If using store-bought, move onto next step.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss well with dressing until evenly coated. Optional: chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.