This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
Marry Me Chicken is a creamy, flavorful chicken recipe so ridiculously good that the next question coming out of your partner’s mouth is a marriage proposal!
This is one of those dinner dishes that I constantly crave because of the flavor and the luscious cream sauce. I love a good cream sauce paired with juicy chicken. It just makes the dish that much more comforting and delicious. It kind of feels like a restaurant meal but guess what? You made it at home! It’s going to be one of your favorite meals to make and perhaps quite a memorable one!
What is Marry Me Chicken?
One of my most popular chicken recipes is Holy Yum Chicken, and back when I posted that recipe, the recipe had an alternate name, “Man-Pleasing Chicken.” Now this Marry Me Chicken recipe and Holy Yum Chicken are completely flavor profiles but they all have the same end goal: receiving a marriage proposal.
Of course this is all fun and games and a bit silly. Why does it have to be man-pleasing? Why is there a need to get married? Don’t take this too seriously and literal. However, you can be guaranteed that this chicken recipe will be THAT good. If a supposed marriage proposal can come from this chicken, then you KNOW it’s stellar. The way to my heart is through my stomach so I imagine that’s how everyone is, LOL
Why You’ll Love This
Creamy and full of flavor. The tender chicken breasts go for a hot tub party in the luscious cream sauce. It is so full of flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes and herbs.
Minimal ingredients. The ingredient list might look big but it all comes together really easily and most of the ingredients you likely already have in your pantry or refrigerator!
Crowd (date) pleaser and versatile. Honestly, the first bite of this chicken is going to have you speechless and will hopefully guarantee you a second date or even an proposal. Just kidding! Regardless of whatever outcome happens from this dish, your bellies will be happy and tastebuds fully satisfied!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Marry Me Chicken’s ingredient list may look extensive but trust me, it builds the flavor. Make sure to scroll down to view the full recipe for exact measurements.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- All-purpose flour
- Salt + pepper
- Garlic powder
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
How To Make Marry Me Chicken
Here is a general overview of the steps involved to make Marry Me Chicken. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for the full recipe.
Make the chicken coating. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
Cook the chicken. Heat oil and butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the coated chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and set aside for later.
Make the cream sauce. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in the chicken broth and heavy cream, deglazing the pot as you stir. Then add the parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, oregano, and stir together on a low to medium heat. Finally, add the sun dried tomatoes to the skillet. Continue stirring on a low simmer until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
Add the chicken back in. Add the chicken back in, spooning the sauce over the chicken, until heated through.
Substitutions and Variations
Feel free to play around with this recipe as it suits your dietary preferences.
- Pork cutlets. If you want to make this with thin sliced pork cutlets, you absolutely may.
- Use lighter ingredients. Swap out heavy cream for half and half or even 2% milk. Don’t like sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil? Feel free to use ones that aren’t in olive oil.
- Gluten-free. If you have a gluten intolerance, feel free to swap out the all-purpose flour for 1:1 gluten-free flour.
Tips for Success
We need to set you up for success with this Marry Me Chicken dish, if you catch my drift here. These are my tips and tricks for the best creamy chicken date night dinner!
- Quicker cook time. While this recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken breasts, to make cook time faster, you could either slice them in half or…did you know they sell thin-sliced chicken breasts? Whichever you choose works just fine.
- Try to evenly slice the chicken breasts. If you’re going to slice the chicken breasts in half, make sure you slice them in half relatively the same thickness otherwise some will be done faster than others and you don’t want dried out chicken!
- Want an extra flavor boost? Add in a little bit of the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, either reheat gently on the stovetop and add a little more liquid to help loosen the cream or reheat in the microwave. Add a little bit of liquid into the container before putting it in the microwave as well.
What to Serve with Marry Me Chicken
This creamy chicken dinner is a great meal in and of itself but there are always some great side dishes to serve alongside this chicken.
- Pasta. Serve this chicken and the cream sauce on top of a plate of pasta. Bucatini or another long pasta would be very elegant!
- Potatoes. Roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes. Haha, however you want them taters!
- Vegetables. Roasted vegetables such as a medley or delicata squash or koginut or honeynut are excellent!
- Rice. Plain white rice or brown rice works!
Marry Me Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half (so you will have 4 pieces)
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- Garnish with fresh basil and more parmesan
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coated chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken broth and heavy cream, deglazing the pot as you stir. Then add the parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, oregano, and stir together on a low to medium heat.
- Finally, add the sun dried tomatoes to the skillet and stir until the sauce is well combined. Continue stirring and on a low simmer for 5 minutes as the sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Add the chicken back in for 10 more minutes, spooning the sauce over the chicken, until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and grated parmesan and serve warm over your favorite pasta, rice or potatoes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Monday 20th of February 2023
Tasty recipe, easy to make, takes a little extra time but worth the effort. I had to add a bit of flour to thicken up my sauce, my guys liked it! I doubled the number of breasts and cut them in half before frying with the flour combo. Served with jasmine rice and green beans. I made the lemon sheet cake for dessert, another winner!
Wednesday 15th of February 2023
This dish is so amazing and incredibly easy! Haven't been able to be in the kitchen in over a year. This was the first thing I made so I was quite a bit out of practice but you never would have have known since it was so easy. I'm meal prepping again and this in definitely in the weekly rotation. Best part is the leftovers are even better!! 🥰🥰
Tuesday 14th of February 2023
Made this recipe this weekend and it was a hit from the toddlers to the grandparents! I doubled the recipe and all of the chicken was gone, but plenty of leftover sauce to use for pasta the next day.
Tuesday 31st of January 2023
This sounds SO good!!!!
Wednesday 1st of February 2023
thanks Emily! i hope you give it a try!