Ridiculously Amazing Asian Ramen Salad
This ridiculously amazing Asian ramen salad will have you and your guests going back for thirds and fourths. Everyone will be asking for the recipe and you’ll want to bring this easy dish to every potluck!
See how to make this in a video below!
This Asian ramen salad is so ridiculously amazing!
This salad is true to its name.
My aunt gave me this recipe from which she got from her late husband’s family in Indiana.
Every single time we make this salad and bring it to potlucks, it is the FIRST to go. Every single time!
There’s never a time we leave with some of the salad left in the bowl. It’s always devoured.
I’ve been eating this salad for years and years. I always think of my aunt whenever I have this salad and I love the memories it evokes.
See? Food is always attached to a memory!
The best part is, this is probably the easiest thing to throw together and there is no worry about keeping it refrigerated.
It’s best served cold but it’s also ok to have it be room temperature.
Either way, I’m sure it won’t last long and you won’t even have to worry about it getting warm. It’ll be gone soo fast and you’ll get requests from everyone for the recipe :)
I’m also finding out that there is a bunch of different ways that people make this recipe. That is what I love about recipes; there are so many variations and different ways it has been passed down!
You should make this Asian ramen salad for your next get-together and come back and let me know how it went ;)
That’s how positive I am that it’s THAT good!
This ridiculously amazing Asian ramen salad will have you and your guests going back for thirds and fourths. Everyone will be asking for the recipe and you'll want to bring this easy dish to every potluck!
- 1: 16 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, de-shelled/shelled/no shells
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2: 3 ounce bags ramen* (any flavor, you won't be using the seasoning packets so it doesn't matter)
- 5 stalks of scallions, sliced
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, place coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, crushed ramen (see note below), and scallions.
- In a large measuring cup, add vegetable oil, vinegar, and sugar. Whisk together. Don't worry if the sugar will not completely dissolve.
- Pour oil mixture over the coleslaw mix and toss everything together with a large spatula until everything is coated well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold or room temperature.
To crush ramen, place ramen block into a Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin, gently crush the ramen into smaller pieces.
I personally didn't add the seasoning packets because I don't like the MSG/sodium content in ramen seasoning packets. However, I know this is a popular recipe and there are MANY variations of it. So, it's all up to preference on whether or not you want to add the seasoning packets, or anything else to this salad! :)
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Posted on January 20, 2014