Alfredo Pasta with Cajun Spiced Chicken a wonderful creamy pasta and chicken dish with a spicy kick. Quick enough for weeknight dinners or the perfect comfort food for weekends.
I think the sun should be out every weekend. No if’s, and’s, or but’s about it.
I feel like I’ve been jipped of a weekend whenever it’s rainy or cloudy all weekend. I always wish there was a redo, like taking off Monday and Tuesday to makeup for it. It always seems like during the work week when I’m stuck indoors, it’s always sunny. I long for that sunlight! It makes taking pictures of food so much easier! Weekends for me, are my only times to cook all day and take pictures. Whenever it’s cloudy, it also puts me in a bad mood and I just want to be all frumpy and sit on the couch and watch trashy tv all day.
Anyway, I mustered up enough energy and dragged myself away from some episode of Real Housewives of Orange County on my DVR to make dinner Saturday night.
Ever since I was young, I remember pasta alfredo was my most favorite pasta in the world. Still is.
Whenever my parents took us to Olive Garden (I know, so authentic), this girl (who probably should weigh well over 200 pounds for ordering this) would always order the Tour of Italy. YES. I DID. It was probably 7000 calories but I didn’t care. I loved that tour. On a massive plate you got lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, and chicken parmigiana. And I would eat the entire plate. HAHA, I’m so healthy. Cut me some slack, this was in high school — I obviously wouldn’t eat all of that now. Maybe 3/4 of the plate, but not all of it.
I know there are skinny alfredo recipes out there, but I didn’t go skinny. I went for the mother load of fatty. I know, I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help it. I had to keep my eating bad alfredo streak going. At least I’m saving money by eating this at home. I also threw in some Cajun spice in there because I felt it needed a bit of flare. That kick to wake you up from your trashy tv induced coma.
- 1 lb. fettuccine or spaghetti pasta
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened, and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 chicken tenderloins, sliced diagonally into 1.5″ pieces
- ½ tbsp. Cajun seasoning (I used Tony’s)
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, season with salt, and add in your pasta. Cook it according to the instructions on the package and drain well when finished cooking. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, brown your chicken on both sides and season with Cajun seasoning. Cook chicken through, about 5-7 minutes on both sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and then add in the garlic. Cook the garlic with the butter for about 2 minutes, until it’s nice a fragrant, then whisk in the cream cheese. Continue whisking for 2 minutes then gradually add in the milk while whisking. Then whisk in the Parmesan cheese until a nice, smooth sauce forms. Add salt and pepper, more to taste.
- Put the cooked chicken in the sauce and then add in your pasta.
- Gently fold the pasta and chicken into the sauce, making sure to cover every bit of pasta.
- Serve hot with a side of garlic bread or side salad, if you wish.