Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
Did y’all hear that news story yesterday how the FDA ruled that trans fat in foods is indeed bad and isn’t safe? If this is finalized, then trans fat can’t be added to food without approval.
Personally, I think that’s great and probably a lot better for everyone’s health! Ever since the word got out about trans fat, I feel like that’s all you ever saw on packaging, “no trans fat!” – it’s interesting how the food industry has changed so much.
I feel like everything is bad for you unless you make it yourself, lol
Anyway, you know how much I love roasting vegetables so I thought there had to be a roasted veggie as a side dish for any day of the week.
Roasted garlic brussels sprouts! They’re super easy to make (who doesn’t love easy side dishes?) and everyone will gobble this up.
I seriously can’t think of a better way to eat brussels sprouts. You know what they say, people who say they don’t like brussels sprouts haven’t had it cooked the right way and roasting brussels sprouts is definitely the right way! :)
Roasted garlic brussels sprouts are an easy and delicious side-dish!
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, cutting each brussels sprout in half
- 1/8 cup olive oil, (or more depending on the size of your brussels sprouts, you may need up to 1/2 cup of olive oil so they aren't too dry)
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil and garlic powder.
- Pour brussels sprouts onto a large jelly roll pan and shake the pan to get the brussels sprouts to be in an even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning the brussels sprouts with a spatula halfway through the cooking process.
- Serve warm.
Posted on November 08, 2013