Eat it with your hands and have fun, because this Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread is finger licking good! You only need two ingredients and under an hour of your time to make this Fall-favorite dessert.
Two ingredients. Yes, really!
All you need to make this ring of delicious monkey bread is store-bought cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling. While I love some recipes entirely from scratch, I also love a good ol’ store-bought wonder, and this is one of them!
The best part is, whoever tries it will have NO idea it’s made with such simplicity. It’s that good!
Apple cinnamon monkey bread is ideal for so many different occasions.
Halloween parties, Thanksgiving dessert, or just because you need something to snack on while you carve pumpkins with the family! No matter the occasion, this easy to make (and super budget-friendly) monkey bread will make it ten times more tasty.
Oh, and the best part? You’re supposed to eat it with your hands! If you have kids, they’ll be SO very happy. The sticky fingers that are the aftermath might not make you so happy though, lol
Ingredients for apple cinnamon monkey bread
You only need two store-bought not-so-secret ingredients to make this autumnal monkey bread.
This is a great dessert recipe if you’re balling on a budget, or just don’t feel like buying a ton of stuff at the store!
- Cinnamon rolls – You’ll need 2 packages of grande sized cinnamon rolls with icing. They can be any brand! I recommend choosing one you already know you like, so you know you’ll like the finished product.
- Apple pie filling – You can buy a can or two of this from the baking aisle at your local grocery store, or course. However, if you wanted to spend just a little bit more time on this monkey bread, you could always make the apple pie filling from scratch.
What kind of pan do I need to make apple cinnamon monkey bread?
Any sized bundt pan will do the trick. And if you don’t have a bundt pan, a rectangular baking dish will also get the job done.
Can I make this with another filling?
Yes! I do love the versatility of this. You can use whatever filling you want or combine flavors.
Cherry filling or raspberry filling would be lovely as well!
Can I add more Fall flavor to apple cinnamon monkey bread?
The cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling already load this monkey bread with plenty of warm flavor.
However, if you wanted to add a sprinkle of cinnamon or apple pie spice on top of the still drying icing, that will add a touch more Fall flavor!
Warm, spiced apples and cinnamon desserts are SO in this year!
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- 2 packages Grande sized cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 cups apple pie filling, canned or fresh
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and prepare a 10 or 12 inch bundt pan by greasing with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Use a food processor to puree the apple pie filling and pour over the cinnamon rolls.
- Gently stir until the cinnamon rolls are coated.
- Place the apple coated cinnamon rolls into the prepared bundt pan and press down slightly to ensure the top of the mold has contact with the rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are browned.
- Turn the monkey bread out on a cooling rack and let it cool slightly.
- Pour the glaze over the monkey bread and serve warm.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.