This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This no-bake chocolate lasagna is filled with layers of cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and a luscious whipped cream topping, all nestled on top of an Oreo cookie crust. This easy to assemble no-bake treat is perfect for satisfying your chocolate cravings and impressing guests at any gathering!
What is chocolate lasagna?
It’s weird calling a dessert a lasagna isn’t it? The layers of this chocolate lasagna is why it’s called that. It is a no-bake dessert that has light, fluffy layers of whipped cream topping, chocolate pudding, and cream cheese and they all sit on top of an Oreo cookie crust that sends you to dessert heaven!
It has four distinct layers: Oreo cookie crust, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and the whipped cream topping.
Why You’ll Love This
- No-bake. No need to heat up the oven or the kitchen. This chocolate lasagna is no-bake and comes together in no time!
- Light, fluffy, and creamy. All the ingredients in this dessert lasagna are so creamy and the topping is made from a whipped topping that gives it its incredibly light and fluffy texture!
- Easy make-ahead dessert. This is one dessert that you can easily make ahead of time to knock out one item from your to-do list and be sure that you have a dessert ready!
- Perfect for parties and large gatherings. Made in a 9×13 baking dish, this chocolate lasagna is the perfect portion for parties and large gatherings as everyone can serve themselves with their desired portion size.
What are the Ingredients for Chocolate Lasagna?
For the crust:
- Oreo’s – regular Oreo’s. None of that double or triple stuffed kind.
- Butter – you’ll want to melt this.
Cream cheese layer:
- Cream cheese – softened to room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cool whip
Chocolate pudding layer:
- Chocolate instant pudding mix – definitely make sure you are grabbing instant and not the cook and serve.
- Cool whip
- Mini chocolate chips – you can use mini chocolate chips or use a vegetable peeler and shave a chocolate bar for chocolate shavings on top!
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe Tips, Variations and Substitutions
- Don’t remove the creme centers from your Oreos! You’ll want to keep the creme centers along with the chocolate cookies. Pulse it altogether in the food processor.
- Use regular Oreos. If you use double or triple stuffed Oreo’s this recipe won’t work correctly so it is definitely important that you pick up the right kind!
- Be sure to use INSTANT pudding. Don’t use the cook and serve kind. It won’t work in this. If that’s what you can find and/or only what you have, you can cook it but you’d have to let it cool completely before using.
- Allow the cream cheese to be at room temperature. It’s much easier to whip the cream cheese together with the rest of the ingredients when it’s at room temperature. It won’t be lumpy and you won’t be flinging cream cheese everywhere.
- Homemade whipped cream won’t work. I know sometimes we love a good homemade whipped topping but homemade won’t work in this because it’s not stable enough and after it sits for awhile, it starts to deflate and liquid seeps out. It just doesn’t hold as well as Cool Whip.
- Chill before serving. This is definitely a dessert you’ll want to serve chilled and also to make sure all the layers are set before slicing and serving!
This may be stored covered tightly in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes
If you are a fan of no-bake desserts, here are some other ideas!
- Oreo Pie
- No-Bake Andes Mint Cheesecake Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Snack Bites
- The Best Chocolate Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
For the crust:
- 14.3 ounce (405 g) package of regular Oreos, 36 oreos total
- 6 tablespoons (84 g) butter, melted
For the cream cheese layer:
- 12 ounces (340 g) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces (227 g) Cool Whip
For the chocolate pudding layer:
- 7.8 ounces (221 g) chocolate instant pudding mix, this is two individual packs of 3.9 ounces each
- 3 ¼ cups (769 ml) milk
For the topping:
- 8 ounces (227 g) Cool Whip
- ½ cup (90 g) mini chocolate chips, or chocolate shavings
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until they form a fine crumb mixture. Add in the melted butter and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, until the flat bottom of a measuring cup or drinking glass to flatten into an even layer.
- To make the cream cheese layer, use an electric mixer to beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth and creamy. Fold in the Cool Whip until well combined and pour on top of the crust, smoothing into an even layer.
- To make the pudding mixture, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth. TIP: If the pudding mix looks clumpy, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth (10 seconds).
- Spread the pudding mixture evenly on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the pudding is set. Then, top with the remaining layer of Cool Whip and garnish with chocolate shavings or chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours to set completely before slicing and serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.