A pumpkin spice mug cake recipe! Definitely quite a different flavor compared to my chocolate mug cake that is the most popular mug cake on my site!
Isn’t it funny when you get older and start “adulting,” your days off of work are to actually run additional errands that you couldn’t do on the weekend?
I miss the days where when I took off work, I could actually enjoy the day off and just sit around and watch mindless TV and surf the web.
Now, my days off are running to Costco because going on the weekend is asking to get into an accident or fight there.
It is absolutely insane.
I usually don’t make anything pumpkin dessert until October but sometimes you just need a different mug cake flavor.
I have FIVE mug cakes for you to choose from, so whatever mood you’re in, they’ll be sure to satisfy that sweet tooth!
This pumpkin spice mug cake was one of my favorites because I really do love pumpkin season but I really try not to push pumpkin until October (or very close to October) but honestly, why not use pumpkin year-round?
We topped ours off with a creamy vanilla bean ice cream and oh my goodness, it just sent this pumpkin spice mug cake over the top!!
The warm center and the cold ice cream were just completely made for each other.
It’s made to be devoured..it’s kind of like a single-serving pumpkin pie!
If you’re looking for more details about mug cakes, my original chocolate mug cake post has a lot of information that you should check out.
I talk about what exactly a mug cake is and whether or not you can use an oven, and more.
I also talk about why you shouldn’t use an egg in mug cakes!
If you aren’t feeling the pumpkin flavor, give these other mug cakes a try:
Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients. Whisk everything together until combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. Mine was a 14-ounce mug. You want enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
- Microwave mug cake for 1 minute and 10 seconds on high (PLEASE READ NOTES CAREFULLY BELOW)
- Carefully remove from microwave, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and devour! Alternatively, you can use homemade salted caramel sauce too or whatever topping you want!
Chocolate Mug Cake, Vanilla Mug Cake, Salted Caramel Apple Spice Mug Cake
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.