Spicy Sausage, Spinach, and Mushroom Gnocchi
I love quick weeknight dinners just as much as the next busy person. This spicy sausage, spinach, and mushroom gnocchi is the perfect weeknight dinner for those of you that are busy or want a dinner that you can put together FAST.
And when I say FAST, I mean 15 minute fast. It’s amazing and the flavors are incredible!
I’ve got a new video for this below, too so don’t miss watching me make it!
What is so great about this spicy sausage, spinach, and mushroom gnocchi
Gnocchi is something we don’t eat often because I don’t really think of gnocchi as a “quick” dinner option but it TOTALLY is.
I was walking the aisles of the grocery store and saw packages of gnocchi so I grabbed two and figured I’d make something with them ’cause of their versatility.
Trust me, if you can boil water, you can cook gnocchi. It takes like 5 minutes to cook gnocchi :)
I don’t do the homemade gnocchi – I could, I just don’t have the time and I’m sure you don’t either, so grab yourself a package of pre-made gnocchi and get this dish on your dinner table!
I really like that all the ingredients in this dish are either already pre-cooked or they cook in like 5 minutes.
Mushrooms and spinach cook super fast and if you’re using frozen spinach, like I am in this recipe, you’re essentially just warming it through.
The sausage and onions take the “longest” to cook but even so, that’s like 5 minutes.
Gnocchi takes 2-3 minutes in boiling water.
Seriously, what is there not to love about how quick this dish comes together?
See for yourself in this recipe video how QUICKLY it takes for me to put together this spicy sausage, spinach, and mushroom gnocchi!
For other great gnocchi recipes, you may want to try: 25-minute bacon gnocchi with broccoli and shaved brussels sprouts or this very Fall brown butter and sage pumpkin sauce gnocchi!
This 15-minute gnocchi is SO flavorful and easy to whip up that you'll want it on your dinner table multiple times a week!
- 1: 16 ounce package of potato gnocchi
- 3/4 pound spicy pork sausage
- 1 diced onion, about 3/4 cup
- 8 ounces of baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces of chopped frozen spinach (thawed and excess liquid squeezed out)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to top
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and follow the instructions on the gnocchi package. Drain well once done.
- In the meantime, brown sausage in a skillet over medium high heat and break it into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the onion and mushroom to the skillet then saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the drained spinach in the sausage mixture.
- Add the gnocchi to the skillet and gently toss to evenly distribute the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Posted on July 18, 2018