Street Corn Hummus is rich with flavor, super smooth and perfect for parties. Skip the boring store-bought hummus and instead, treat yourself to this unique and downright delicious hummus!
It’s not that often that hummus totally blows my mind. I mean sure, I love some vibrant Beet Hummus once in a while, but I’m just not that hummus-obsessed. Or at least, that’s what I thought until I whipped up this street corn hummus
Guys, I’m not exaggerating when I say I’ve been craving this stuff day in and out ever since I first made it.
This recipe takes everything you love about flavorful, savory and sweet street corn and blends it into a smooth hummus. The hummus itself is bursting with mouthwatering flavors from ingredients like garlic, lime juice and zest, and vegan sour cream.
Oh, yeah – did I mention it’s super easy to make this recipe vegan?! Your tastebuds and gut will thank you for this delicious concoction.
Speaking of vegan options, don’t forget to top off this hummus with loads of toppings, including dairy-free cojita cheese! Other favorite toppings for this Mexican-inspired appetizer include thinly sliced serrano peppers, lots of fresh cilantro, and a hummus staple dash of paprika.
You can serve this with any dippers you’d like, but tortilla chips are the absolute best!
For the hummus, here’s what you’ll need:
- Garbanzo beans – The base to any hummus recipe, of course!
- Navy beans – These beans help make the hummus silky smooth.
- Vegan sour cream – Most grocery stores have this in stock, but if you can’t find it at your local supermarket, try a more vegan-friendly location like Whole Foods.
- Garlic – If you want to toss an extra clove in there, that’s ok, I won’t tell!
- Lime – You’ll need the juice and zest of just 1 fresh lime.
- Olive oil – Use rich, dark extra virgin olive oil for this recipe.
- Sea salt – Just a small dash to taste it all you need.
Top off this hummus with some or all of these delicious toppings:
- Corn – For the absolute best results, use fresh corn that’s cut right off the cob. You can even use Mexican Street Corn off the Cob!
- Vegan butter – Now this is a vegan ingredient I’ve seen in ALL stores lately!
- Kosher salt – Try not to use more than what’s called for here.
- Serrano pepper – These are HOT! Omit them if you don’t like spice, and add extra if you want to break a sweat.
- Vegan cojita cheese – This one can be tricky. I used Kite Hill Ricotta cheese to make mine, and it was so good!
- Cilantro – This is an ingredient I always find myself adding a little extra of.
- Paprika – No hummus would be complete without a dash of paprika on top.
- Flaky sea salt
How long will street corn hummus stay fresh?
I recommend serving this hummus as soon as your garnish it, that way all the toppings stay fresh. However, you can keep this hummus fresh in the fridge in an airtight container with no toppings for about 3-4 days.
How can I make street corn hummus spicy?
Like I mentioned before, the more serrano peppers you add, the spicier this hummus will be.
You can also sprinkle cayenne powder on top for an additional spicy kick!
Serve these Mexican-inspired recipes at your next fiesta!
Street Corn Hummus
- 15 ounce (425 g) can garbanzo beans
- 15 ounce (425 g) can navy beans
- ¼ cup (57 g) vegan sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- 3 ears of fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) vegan butter
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (28 g) vegan cotija style cheese, I used Kite Hill Ricotta to mimic
- 2 tablespoons (1 g) chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch paprika
- Flaky sea salt
- Place the beans, sour cream, garlic, lime zest and juice, and one tablespoon of the oil in a food processor. Blend until smooth and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the corn and cook for 1-2 minutes, just until hot. Sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Top with hummus with the remaining olive oil, corn, sliced serrano, cotija cheese, cilantro, paprika, and additional flaky sea salt. Serve immediately.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.